Baked Chicken Parmesan
This is a really easy, healthy way to make chicken parmesan in the oven. I’ve made the chicken in advanced without adding the sauce and cheese and then reheated it later with the sauce and cheese. And of course, the broccoli is optional but it is the easiest way to get my boys to eat something green.
~ 2/3 cup bread crumbs
~ 1/3 cup grated parmesan (eyeball a handful)
2 eggs, beaten
Splash of milk
4-5 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 jar good spaghetti sauce
½ bag frozen broccoli florets
1 box spaghetti
1 bag (2 cups) shredded mozzarella
Salt and pepper to taste
½ TBSP garlic powder
1 TBSP oregano
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Bring a pot of salted water to boil.
- Pat chicken breasts dry. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray it with Pam.
- Mix bread crumbs, grated parmesan, salt, pepper, garlic powder and oregano together in a round pie plate
- Beat eggs and add a splash of milk in a second round pie plate.
- Dip chicken in egg mixture – coating well – shake off excess
- Dredge chicken in the bread crumb mixture and place on baking sheet.
- Bake chicken for 20 minutes or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, boil pasta – in last 4 minutes, add the frozen broccoli
- Pour ½ the jar of sauce over the chicken breasts, top with mozzarella. Return to oven for 10 minutes or until the cheese is all melted.
- Drain pasta/broccoli and add remainder of sauce to it.
- Serve chicken on top of pasta and with additional shaved parmesan cheese.