This is a really quick pasta dish that comes together without actually having to cook the sauce. You add all the ingredients to the cooked pasta and it all just kind of melts and wilts into a nice creamy dish. I like to use a little of the cooking liquid from the pasta too as the starch in the water helps to thicken the sauce a bit. The olives are optional – but since I have them around this week and the kids love them, you know I’ll add them.
1 box of pasta of your choice
1 8 oz package of cherry tomatoes, cut in halves
1 bag fresh baby spinach
6 oz of goat cheese, roughly cut into pieces
1/2 cup of chopped kalamata olives, diced (optional)
1/2 cup of reserved pasta water
Salt and Pepper to taste
- Boil pasta per directions on box
- Once pasta is cooked, drain, but keep about half a cup in with the pasta.
- Add the tomatoes and spinach and stir well
- Add the goat cheese, stir well
- Add olives, if using, and salt and pepper to taste