This is a pretty fast, hearty dinner that can be made fairly healthy with turkey kielbasa. You can make it even easier by using pre-shredded coleslaw mix instead of cabbage.
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
12 ounces smoked turkey kielbasa, cut into one-inch-thick slices
1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
½ a head of cabbage, shredded
1 box (1 pound) frozen pierogies
1/3 cup chopped fresh dill
¼ cup water or chicken broth
1 tsp. of celery salt (optional)
Salt and pepper, to taste
Reduced fat sour cream for serving
- Cook pierogies according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat oil over medium heat and sauté onions until just turning soft and golden, about 3 minutes.
- Add kielbasa and brown.
- Add cabbage to skillet and toss with onions and kielbasa. Cook for 2-3 minutes. Then add 1/4 cup water (or chicken broth) and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until cabbage is just tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add cooked pierogies to the pan with celery salt and dill. Toss gently to combine.
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream.